Monday, October 19, 2009

Haunted House

I LOVE this haunted house. It took over an hour, but the final product is spooktacular!

A little bit of paint (notice Kelly trying to help with the painting; she loves art (remember when she helped with that tissue paper collage on the door in this photo?), or maybe it is the bowl of candy corn she wants),

a lot of drawing, and


lots of help from R (she always helps with glue because C prefers to outsource that task - too sticky for him).
C is very happy with the final product!
For complete directions on how to make one of these Spooktacular Haunted Houses for yourself, click here!


One of our favorite haunted house books is Ten Timid Ghosts by Jennifer O'Connell. Ten ghosts are frightened out of the haunted house by a witch, but the ghosts have a surprise for that witch. You will have to read this fun counting book to find out what happens! We had fun reading this after we finished making our haunted house.

9 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

great houses!!! my oldest would love to make one!

Susana said...

This is the coolest idea for a haunted house I've ever seen! I hope I can talk one of my kids into making this:-).

I looked for that book and our library didn't have it, but it looks like a great one.

LOVE this craft!!

Ticia said...

that house is SO super cute!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

that is AWESOME!!!!! What a great craft!

Denise said...

How cool! I think we'll do this craft this week. Thanks for another great book recommendation!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Those look like so much fun! I'm planning a haunted house type of activity soon too... I can't wait! Thanks for the book recommendation too... we'll definitely be reading it while we do this!

Adriana said...

Those turned out great!

Sherry Gann said...

That is an awesome haunted house! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love this craft - it's fun that C and R could share making it. The book sounds intriguing too - I'll check to see if our library has it.