Thursday, October 15, 2009

Open ended art - Orange and Black

My sister's husband had a birthday last week and we are very late sending him a present, so we had to make the cards extra special. I figured we could use some of our blank cards and decorate them with orange and black paint to join in the open ended art fun. The open ended art theme this week is orange and black.


R and C finger painted with black and orange paint. I am so happy that C is enjoying painting again!
When they were done painting, I helped them use a toothpick to scratch Uncle Mark's name on the cards. They thought this was very cool.


This is C's card for Uncle Mark:
This is R's card for Uncle Mark:

To see more open ended art, visit Mommies Wise Little Bookworms.

9 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

cute I hope uncle mark loves the gift and cards!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What cute cards! I hope Uncle Mark appreciates them! I love open ended art days. They are so much fun!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

what a great idea to write his name with a toothpick! (sp?)
& awesome that C is into painting again :)

Jennifer said...

Very cute idea! My brother has a birthday coming up and I think he'd appreciate a card like this! Hope Uncle Mark loves the cards!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Susana said...

Bless their hearts! This is so sweet and they turned out great:-)!

Love the use of the toothpick too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What an awesome idea, and it's great that C is finger painting again. Both cards look great.

Susana said...

I gave you some awards:-), I know this makes your day:-)!!

Zonnah said...

I love the toothpick idea :)

Debbie said...

How sweet! Nothing better then homemade cards especially from little ones!