Friday, October 30, 2009

Top Five Friday #5 - Trick or Treat Candy


Do your children "share" their Halloween candy with you? I rarely buy myself any candy, but I do look forward to enjoying a few (ahem, sure, just a few) pieces of candy from the Trick or Treat stash. No one is giving out Godiva (too bad, that would be fantastic) so this week I am listing my top five common trick or treat candies to "steal" (I wanted to write borrow or share, but we all know that is just silly) from my children! Before anyone gets angry, my children get way too much candy on Halloween and if they ate all of it, their teeth would rot and then I would have outrageous dental bills and I would have to go back to work and then I wouldn't be able to blog anymore and you would miss me! (You would miss me, wouldn't you?)

Enough of that, here is my list:
  1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - "two great tastes that taste great together", what more can I say?
  2. Twix - the cookie, the caramel, the chocolate - all good!
  3. Almond Joy - they have coconut and almonds, two of my favorite foods! I just wish that I could have an Almond Joy with dark chocolate, combine the greatness of Mounds with the greatness of Almond Joy - perfect!
  4. Peppermint Patty - cool, refreshing, dark chocolate, yum!
  5. Kit Kat - crispy and chocolatey at the same time, so good.
I'm a chocolate person. I have no interest in the fruity candies. Just share the chocolate! So, what are you hoping to find in your child's trick or treat stash? If you want to link up here, but have a different top five in mind, that is great too! Please share!

12 comments:

Jenny said...

I love Reese's! I don't care for Almond Joy or Peppermint Patties though.

Fun list.

Susana said...

This is a funny post:-). I like it.

Yes, I too am still searching for that one house that will give out Godiva--that would obviously be my number one, but....instead I'll go with Take Five and Kit Kat coming in at a close number two:-).

Chocolate is a main food group here unfortunately!

Tiff said...

Ok for some reason my link did not work. Just copy and paste the URL right?! Argh, anyways I did it...

LOVE me some chocolate!! :) Happy Halloween!

Ticia said...

I"m with you on the chocolate, especially the Reeses.

Adriana said...

You are too funny! I'm with you. I don't think that it is worth eating unless it has chocolate. Happy Halloween!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I love your list we have lots of the same candys! :)

Love your post it was great!!! :)

Have a great and safe halloween! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I don't think I'll find anything too interesting in Anna's loot. I am actually sort of indifferent to sweets. I wish Anna was too. But I will probably write Halloween Wrap-up post on Sunday and link to you.

Miller Moments said...

You are so funny! My favorite is probably Kit Kat. :)

Lynn said...

You're so funny. These are all a distant memory to me now with my little one's allergies, but another I used to love are Snickers. Growing up, my brother was allergic to chocolate and peanuts, so I'd always trade all of my fruity stuff with him for all of his chocolate. You'd have liked being his brother. ;) Now we just give out stuff our son can eat - dum dum lollipops and smarties.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I like your reasoning (and yes we would miss you terribly!)

Yes yes yes you have excellent taste! Emily and I worked out a deal. She keeps all the M&M's and I get the Reese's peanut butter cups. Yummy!

momandkiddo said...

Butterfinger! I always swipe them from the treat bag, and put them in the freezer.

Tara Broman said...

I am definitely a Chocolate gal! Number one is Twix. Then Kit Kat, Snickers, Almond Joy, and Hershey's Special Dark.

Oh yeah ~ I love Twizzlers, too!