Thursday, October 15, 2009

Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings - a stArt project

This week, we chose the book Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings by Edward McLachlan for our stArt project. I was so excited when I found this book because I remember Simon from my childhood. If you are not familiar with this book, a boy named Simon is on his way to school when one of his unfinished chalk drawings invites Simon to visit the land of chalk drawings. While Simon is there, he is asked to finish his incomplete drawings of objects and people to bring happiness to their land. This is a great book, and if you like the book, you can watch this video.

After reading the book, C and R made their own chalk drawings.

.
C and R had fun drawing with chalk. Here are their final works of art:


To see more stArt (story + art = a great start) projects visit A Mommy's Adventures.

6 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

cool we've never read that book! i'll have to check it out! and hey it also fits next weeks open art theme too :)

love their chalk drawnings! if you spray it with some hairspray it won't smudge

Susana said...

I have never heard of this book, but will look for it:-). It looks super for imagination and creativity.

I like the idea of chalk drawings, and they did a great job with theirs:-).

Brimful Curiosities said...

I've never heard of that one either. Reminds me a little of Mary Poppins and the chalk drawings. Fun stART project.

The Activity Mom said...

Looks like they had fun! =)

Rebecca said...

seems like a great book for a chalk craft!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You are so awesome with your book selections. I've never heard of this book either, but I am definitely going to look it up.