Monday, October 18, 2010

Not So Spooky Spiders


We bought some cotton spider webs for the house, so we had to make some spiders.  To make these, we used:
  • pipe cleaners (any color) cut into approximately 3 inch lengths (you can make them as big or small as you want)
  • pom poms
  • small googly eyes
  • hot glue

First, we twisted the pipe cleaners together.  Make sure you have eight legs (4 pieces of pipe cleaner); the first one I made only had six legs and C was quick to point out my mistake.

Next, I used the hot glue gun to attach a pom pom to the center point and to attach the googly eyes.


Last, we bent the legs and stuck the spiders in their webs!  And to think I was going to buy some of those cheap plastic spiders for our webs!  These are much cuter, don't you think?

10 comments:

Ticia said...

Repeat to myself over and over again: "I will follow through on making spiders. I will follow through on making spiders."

It's been on our to do list for a while.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

We made a bigger version, with a large pom pom, to go along with a Little Critter book a while back - he was a favorite pet of the children, until they finally played him to death. It's amazing how cute a not-real spider can be.

Chelsea said...

I really, really, don't care for spiders, but these are adorable! I think this is one spider craft I could manage.

Chelsea said...

I really, really, don't care for spiders, but these are adorable! I think this is one spider craft I could manage.

Jenny said...

I like how these aren't all black, it's make them cute!

Sherri said...

Fantastic idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I think they are definitely better than store bought. Love the googly eyes too.

Lynn said...

Very cute!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love it! This is one of the arts that I would love to make even though I really don't like spiders.

Miller Moments said...

LOVE this too!