Saturday, October 30, 2010

Super Quick Last Minute Spider Treat


My kids do not need any extra sugar right now, but sometimes I just can't help myself.  So, when I had this idea, I just went with it.

Ingredients:
  • one Reese's peanut butter cup (we used dark chocolate, but any variety will do)
  • a tiny bit of melted chocolate (I melted a few chocolate chips)
  • four pretzel sticks broken in half to make eight spider legs
  • two candies for eyes
Directions:
  • Place the peanut butter cup upside down on a plate
  • Melt your chocolate 
  • Dip each pretzel stick half into chocolate and stick them to the sides of the peanut butter cup to make legs
  • Dip the candies in the melted chocolate and stick them on top for eyes

Don't worry about perfection - the kids certainly don't care.  Enjoy!  Have a happy Halloween!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Very cute and featuring both of my favorites- peanut butter cups AND pretzels! Yum!

Ticia said...

I wonder if you could just poke the legs through the cup........ Hmmmm.......

Christy Killoran said...

@Ticia - That was my original plan, but I couldn't push the pretzel sticks in without crumbling the peanut butter cup. It was much easier to melt the chocolate and just stick them on.

Jenny said...

So cute! Yummy looking too!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Aack! I love this!!! If only we didn't have sugar coming out of our pores already...

Lynn said...

You come up with such cute ideas! Hey, maybe it can be considered a healthy way to eat the peanut butter cups that they were going to consume anyway. At least you added some pretzels. ;) I actually just made an allergy-friendly version of peanut butter cups today! If the taste test goes well, I might post about them tomorrow.

Miller Moments said...

so cute! my 2 year old is obsessed with spiders right now, so he would love these!

Elle Belles Bows said...

That looks yummy and adorable! Great idea! Kerri

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very cute! You really have a flair for creating fun food.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Yummy!!!!! Emily and I worked out a deal -- she keeps the M&Ms, I get the Reese's, and nobody gets hurt. ;-)

Sherri said...

That's a great one!