Friday, July 30, 2010

The Carousel



C and R visited a local carousel this week with their adorable one year old cousin who has been visiting from Florida.  They rode the carousel seven times, and because they are not yet four feet tall, an adult had to be on the carousel with them.  I went around and around and around five of the times.  I felt a little queasy all day long; I have no idea how kids can stand spinning over and over again.

In case you were wondering, this carousel was built in 1920 and it was a featured attraction of Lincoln Amusement Park in Dartmouth, Massachusetts for seventy years.  It is now located at Battleship Cove in Fall River, Massachusetts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun! I love to go see and hear carousels, but I'm with you on the spinning part. I get so dizzy and feel terrible forever! The kids could ride it all day though!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great pictures! R looks so pleased with herself. Luckily our carousels here have 3' cutoff (probably because they have belts), so now Anna is content to spin on her own.

abbie said...

My daughter loves the carousel. We don't have the same height restriction so she can ride it by herself. It would make me way too dizzy to ride that many times!

Jen said...

I love the carousel. I just recently posted pics of my girls on as well. One of my favorite rides. (I'm such a big kid!)

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

The carousel in Missoula goes 11mph, but luckily for most adults, it doesn't seem to have a height requirement.

Jenny said...

Abby just recently reached the height for the carousel here and I was bummed I couldn't get on. LOL! Of course, there are no free ones that I know of.

Sherri said...

I just took my kids on a carousel ride too! They loved it! Your kids are so adorable!
I tried to email you...but for some reason it did not work...so I will tell you here!
Thanks for your sweet comments...they always make me smile! =)
My daughters dress is Plum Pudding...I bought that one 8 years ago for my oldest daughter! But they do make adorable dresses for little girls!

Ticia said...

I don't know if I've ever ridden enough to get sick.

Carousel pictures are so much fun. I love them.