Thursday, July 29, 2010

Monkey Craft


We have spent the last week enjoying the book Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina.  It only seemed fitting that we do some kind of craft to go along with the book, so C and R made monkeys.


First, they painted paper plates brown.


Then, I drew a crazy looking face shape on yellow construction paper and cut it out.  C and R added googly eyes, and drew a nose and mouth on each face.  They glued the face onto the plate once the paint dried, and they glued on construction paper circles for ears.  They came out cute.

I am linking this post to stArt (story+art = a great start) at A Mommy's Adventures.

14 comments:

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

They turned out adorable! I'm impressed you were able to freehand a monkey face!

Annette W. said...

So cute! I love all the things you are doing with this book!

Deborah Stewart said...

What a cute little monkey face!

Michelle said...

They turned out really cute...I loved this book when I was little and totally forgot about it. I will have to get it for Emily! Thank you for linking up to stART!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very cute - now they just need some hats :)

Ticia said...

Those did turn out super cute! And just think if you put it on a popsicle stick you have a fun mask for playing.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very clever! I agree - you could also give them some caps :)

Brimful Curiosities said...

That is an adorable paper plate craft. And the book is one of our favorites!

Jen said...

Adorable! I just thought that it might be fun to decorate a cap with fabric markers, puffy stickers etc. and then have a hat sale!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!

Anonymous said...

Great Monkeys! I am always amazed at what new things people come up with with paper plates! Love these.

Maggy
http://redtedart.wordpress.com

Amanda said...

Very cute!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I LOVE monkeys, and these are adorable!!! Looks like the kiddos had a lot of fun with this too!

Charlene Juliani said...

Great monkeys, we did something similar when we were working on M's. Sounds like a great book!

Unknown said...

I love this book. The monkey came out so well.