Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lost River - New Hampshire


The powerful forces of water, wind, weather and time worked together to create Lost River.  We love to follow Lost River as it appears and disappears through the narrow steep-walled gorge, the tumbled granite crevasses, caverns and falls.  Lost River is always on our to do list when we visit New Hampshire.




Here is T entering the Lemon Squeezer.  There is a gauge at the entrance of the cave for people to try before attempting to enter the cave.  I was the only one who did not go through the Lemon Squeezer.  I can fit, but claustrophobia won and I backed out in a state of panic. 

We had a great time crawling through some interesting caves.  The views are spectacular too!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a GREAT trip!!

And I hear you about the claustrophobia!

Ticia said...

I would have backed out too. Claustrophobia and fear of heights are not a fun combination, in case you were wondering.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Great fun! I'm not claustrophobic, but the thought of spiders, and snakes, and other creepy crawlies lurking in the rocks, might have given me pause :)

Amy said...

You guys have had such an amazing summer!

Jenny said...

That looks like a neat place. I would have chickened out of that too. I like caves but then freak out that there could be an earthquake. Of course, my loving husband then reminds me that I'd be dead so fast, it wouldn't matter!