Monday, August 2, 2010

If I give my children frozen lemonade...

they will want to make homemade lemonade. (Note the frozen lemonade in their hands as they juice the lemons)


Once the lemonade is made, they will want to make lemonade popsicles.


This will remind me that making homemade lemonade and making popsicles are both on the summer bucket list, so I will have the children check off those items on the list.


When they see the list, they will remember that making homemade face paint is on the list and they will want to do that the next morning (they really wanted to do it that minute, but were willing to compromise!).



(R is not allowed to use nail polish, so she was thrilled to paint her nails with face paint!  It reminds me of the boys who are not allowed toy guns so they turn everything else into guns when they play.)

The food coloring in the face paint will remind them that they like to swirl food coloring in shaving cream. (They also made marbled paper; that will be in tomorrow's post.)


When they are covered in face paint, shaving cream, and food coloring, they will decide to run through the sprinkler ball in their pajamas. (I wonder what the neighbors thought as this all went on at 8AM.)


Then they will be cold and want a warm bath.  After the bath, they will want frozen lemonade, and if I give my children frozen lemonade they will want to make homemade lemonade to go with it.

Thank you, Laura Numeroff for inspiring this blog post.  If you do not know who Laura Numeroff is, she is the author of the amazing "If You Give" series of books, including If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, and more.  You can click on her name or the titles of the books to find more information.  We are big fans of her work, hence the blog post.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that series of books and your post was cute!:)

danita said...

You are a nice momma! I have a strict no craft before 9am rule!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love this - your kids are early risers. Anna is mostly fast asleep at 8 unless it's a school day :)

Ticia said...

I love those books. Great post.

Jenny said...

LOL! You sure get a lot done before 8 a.m.! Abby may be up, but I'm not functioning yet.

Love the green "nail polish". That's hilarious!

abbie said...

Such great activities! Don't you just love the way their minds work?

Amy said...

What a cute post, and so many fun activities accomplished!

Anonymous said...

All too funny! The pops look wonderful. I love the painting activities too. Sensory and artsy all in the same activity! I'm sure our neighbors wonder what's going on over hear so early too!

Sherry said...

Lots of fun activities and your kids look like they are having a blast!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

That is hysterical!! Looks like they enjoyed lots of good fun!