Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Upstate NY - day three

On our third day visiting with my sister and brother-in-law, we went to Seabreeze Amusement Park in Rochester, NY.  It first opened in 1879, and is the fourth oldest amusement park still in operation.  There is a water park area and then typical amusement park rides.  I don't have any pictures from the water park because I did not want my camera to get ruined, but T, C, and R enjoyed the wave pool, water slides, and the lazy river (R didn't really like the Lazy River but I think she would enjoy it if she went on a tube with someone other than me.  I could NOT keep our tube out of the waterfall areas and there was water being dumped on her head for most of the ride).  We were able to check off water park on our Summer Bucket List!

Here are some pictures from the amusement park:



It was difficult to get good pictures of the kids on the rides!  R had a great time on the bumper cars with Uncle Mark, and it was fun to see T and C enjoying the bumper cars together.  It is a nice sized amusement park for young children, and we had a great time.

8 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Interestingly, I visited Rochester several times in pre-kid days. A good friend of my father lives there, and we used his place as a "base" for Niagara Falls. Now I just have to visit Rochester again for kid-friendly entertainment :)

Ticia said...

That does look fun.

Here's Batman's comments "Mom who is that? What are they doing? I like that. Can we do it too?"

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I think NY is so pretty in the summer.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Looks like a blast!

Michelle said...

We went to dutch wonderland recently and Emily and Juliette loved it. I love the smaller sized parks that are perfect for younger children.

Rebecca said...

I grew up right down the street from Seabreeze :) Walking distance.

Jenny said...

I like the No Head-Ons sign! LOL!

You all really had a lot of fun on this trip! How exciting!!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Your photos turned out GREAT! It's so difficult to take pictures when they are whirling around like that. What a fun trip!