Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pemigewasset River

My favorite part of our New Hampshire vacation was the time we spent climbing and hopping across the rocks in the Pemigewasset River.  I have to give my husband credit for this because it is certainly not something I would try without him.




Who needs a plastic toy phone, when you can chat and text via rock phone?

R was playing the role of The Little Mermaid.

Some fool decided to throw a huge chunk of metal in the river.  So annoying.

I took so many pictures of this excursion; it really was a lot of fun.  T, C, and R are great rock hoppers! 

9 comments:

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I loved climbing over rocks as a kid. Looks like an absolutely gorgeous area. We're going to have to try to make it up to NH and Maine someday.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

It really looks like a fun trip.

Ticia said...

I used to love doing that as a kid. Sadly there's not really any great creeks or rivers to do that with here.

Love the picture of R as the Little Mermaid, so tragic.

Lynn said...

That looks like so much fun! I feel like doing some rock hopping myself now. I love the rock telephone. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It looks like a great place to play.

Anonymous said...

Christy- I meant to mention that I purchased the rocket balloons quite awhile ago. I hope they still have them. I know I've seen them at Michaels and CVS in the past.
Kelly

Jenny said...

How fun! I had to LOL about R being the Little Mermaid!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Beautiful photos -- Love the shot of you and R!! Looks like so much fun!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

R makes such a beautiful mermaid! It looks like you had a lot of fun in New Hampshire!