Monday, August 9, 2010

"Sand" Castles

Recently, we painted on sandpaper.  I had purchased a few packages of sandpaper from Dollar Tree and I still have a lot left, so I was very excited when I came across an idea to create sandpaper castles.  I cut some castle type shapes and some ordinary shapes out of the sandpaper.  I then gave C and R construction paper, the sandpaper shapes, and glue, and challenged them to build sand castles!  This is what they created:


Special thanks to Little Learners Lounge for the sandpaper castle idea!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE it! I will definitely have to add it to our to-do list!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love this idea - you are such a creative mom!

Jenny said...

Great idea! They turned out so cute!

Ticia said...

That is so cute! My kids would love to do this. I need to make it by Dollar store to see if our local one has that sandpaper.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Great idea!! They turned out so well! :-)

Brimful Curiosities said...

I saw this craft somewhere else, too and thought it was so cute. We need to get some sandpaper though. Thanks for the tip.