Thursday, August 19, 2010

Upstate NY - day 4 - Earthquake

While we were in New York, we visited the Rochester Museum and Science Center.  C and R remembered the earthquake simulator from last summer when we visited the science museum; it was one of the things they talked about all year long!  So, they were both excited to go back and try the earthquake simulator again.  While you stand on this vibrating machine, a video plays showing footage from an actual earthquake.  C and R did this at least five times.  This is my first attempt at uploading my own video to this blog.  I hope it works.  This is a very short video, but I think it will make you laugh because C and R did this same thing every time they stood on the simulator (last year and this year).  It makes me laugh.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

Ticia said...

Back when Jeff and I were dating we went up to Rochester for a wedding and went to that museum. So I know exactly what you're talking about.

I love the close up of R as she's making the noise.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This looks like so much fun. We will have to make it to our Museum of Technology where they have something similar. It looks like C and R are having a blast

Rebecca said...

Hahaha- we have plans to go here tomorrow! lol!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very funny! I don't think there taking the deep, serious voice of the machine too seriously :)

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

That. is. so. FUNNY!!!

It just never gets old, right?? Can you install one of those in your house? lol

Cindy said...

We are going to have to check out all of the great places you have been writing about. We live about 2 hrs from Rochester and I had no idea what was there. Sounds like there are some pretty impressive sites to see. Glad you guys are having a blast.