Monday, August 23, 2010

New Hampshire Amusement Parks

We spent a few days in New Hampshire, and we are still recovering from all of the fun.  Even though we had three days at home between our New York trip and the New Hampshire trip, I think we are all worn out right now.  Both trips were fantastic though, and I am so happy we were able to have so much fun! 

Speaking of fun, we visited two amusement parks while we were in New Hampshire:  Santa's Village and Story Land

All of the rides at Santa's Village have a Christmas theme, and they have fun names too.  In these pictures you can see the Pixie Mix, Loopin' Louie's Flying School,and the Christmas Carousel:


We really enjoyed visiting and feeding Santa's reindeer:


The Story Land rides were a lot of fun too.


When I was a child, there were not many rides at Story Land (it is so much better now), but I remember posing for a photograph in front of this big yellow shoe.  The Old Woman in the Shoe is inside to chat and tell you about all of her many children!  You can see her sitting in her rocking chair in this photo.


I was not leaving the park without a photo in front of the Story Land statue at the entrance.  R was a bit out of sorts at this point so she has a grouchy face!  I usually take this picture when we arrive at the park, but we were anxious to get to the rides.

I have to mention that T was a very good sport at both amusement parks.  He is 13 and definitely too old to really enjoy these parks, but he never complained.  He happily took C and R on all of the spinning rides that my husband and I prefer to avoid!  T is a great big brother (and a great son too)!

10 comments:

Annette W. said...

I was wondering about T with these parks. They do look like fun for little ones, and I'm so glad he had fun just being big brother.

The big shoe is awesome! Both parks are so unique!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you just brought back a flood of memories. I went to Santa's Workshop when I was about 5 or 6 and have a picture of me riding the reindeer on the carousel and my mother and grandmother riding in the sleigh behind me. I don't remember much about it though. I had no idea it even existed still. I guess I'll have to put this on the list of places to take my kids the next time we go back to visit the NY relatives.

Looks like you all had a great time.

Ticia said...

That looks like an awesome place to go! I remember going to a nursery rhymed park as a kid, but I don't remember it having rides. That looks way too cool.

Amanda said...

Squeee! I went to Story Land when I was little! We have pictures of me in front of the big shoe too!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Yay for big brothers!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is so neat that T would take his brother and sister on the rides - the parks look awesome for a younger set. I would love to experience Christmas in the summer once :)

momandkiddo said...

Story land looks cute and it certainly would be fun to see reindeer. But I'm such a curmudgeon because I never want to take the kids to small amusement parks. I was so happy when Kiddo's grandparents took him to Coney Island last week. It was on our summer list, and this way it meant I didn't have to end up going there. I know, I'm a spoil sport.

Jenny said...

That is great that T was so helpful with the kids at the parks.

LOL about R and the grouchy face, makes me think of my Abby. Everyone knows when she's had enough!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, I want to go there....I think I may have to plan our vacation for next year to include a trip to New Hampshire!!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

How awesome that T is such a great big brother! He deserves a special award! :-)