Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sun Tea


We made sun tea last week and it was delicious.  It is so easy to make.  Simply place four to six tea bags in a pitcher and fill it with two quarts of cold water.  Cover the pitcher and place it outside in the sunlight for three to five hours.  If the sun moves, move your pitcher so that it is always in the sun. 


Enjoy over ice with a little lemon.  We like our iced tea unsweetened, but you can certainly sweeten it however you like.  Refrigerate the leftovers, if you have any!

6 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I tried three times to make sun tea this summer, and each time the clouds rolled in, shortly after I put it out :(

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Yummm!!! We are big fans of sun tea too! I especially love it with a little honey. :-) Green tea with lime is also very good!

Ticia said...

We made it once here and within a very short time had a weak tea, but got impatient to leave it out to make the tea stronger.

Jenny said...

That is really neat! I have never liked tea though.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I have never tried it - sounds like a neat idea to use sun cooking without risking anything undercooked. We love tea, so I think it will be a hit.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Unsweetened tea!?! Sacrilege! (Can you tell I'm from Virginia?) I actually gave my daughter some unsweetened tea today and she handed it back confused and said, "I wanted tea!" :)