Friday, August 13, 2010

Tie Dye


C received this Tie Dye kit and two white t-shirts from a friend for his birthday.  It was perfect because tie dye is on our summer bucket list and I kept putting it off because we did not have everything we needed to do it. 

Once again, our neighbors probably thought we were crazy as we sat outside in our pajamas tie dyeing shirts at 7:00 AM.  Yes, that is a candy necklace C is wearing (and eating) at 7:00 AM.  It was his birthday; I figured it was okay this once!


C was very nice and gave one of the shirts to his sister.  He let her dye it and keep it for herself.  (Proud mommy moment.)  I think they did a great job dyeing the shirts.  They were both happy with the end result.

 If only they were always this nice to each other! 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out great! "Do tye die" is still lurking in our summer bucket too. The kits make it less messy at least.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

They look very sweet! I love the pajamas outside, and the candy necklace in the morning :)

Sherry said...

The shirts look adorable, I wanted to do that this summer but never got to it. And 7am?? you brave soul, to be outside tie dying already!!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

They look like a sweet team indeed. I have never tried tye-dying before, but it looks like it's fairly easy with a kit. Maybe one day :)

Ticia said...

They did awesome! I've got a couple of items I put on our list that I'm putting off as well because I'm not quite sure how I want to do them.

At my house we end up having cake for breakfast the days after birthdays.

Miller Moments said...

How fun!! Those look great.

Jenny said...

I've been wanting to do this with Abby, but didn't want to spend the money on the dye and shirts! LOL!

What a great b-day present that was!

Jen said...

They did a great job with the t-shirts! I did this with the girls maybe a year ago or so and I actually still wear mine- it's colorful!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

What fun!! Emily tie dyed a shirt for Dad last year, and he still wears it. Their shirts turned out really well -- and how nice that they shared! You must be so proud!