Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Field trip to the Fire Museum

We visited a fire museum this week. I had no idea that this museum even existed until my father mentioned it to me, and I am so glad that he did. The museum is located in an old fire station (built in 1867) and features restored vehicles, uniforms to try on, bells to ring, and a miniature fire pole to slide down. The museum is staffed by retired firefighters who were happy to answer questions or tell stories. Admission to the museum is only $1.00 per person, and we had the entire museum to ourselves!







This place is a gem, and I will be telling everyone I know to visit this museum.

9 comments:

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

Did you get my comment?!? I'm having issues with internet!

Anyway if you didn't get it I said something like

I am SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS! That is seriously a cool place!
Zorro would LOVE it there.
Looks like they had a GREAT time!

Morgan said...

Oh how fun- a real pole to slide down!

Where is this museum?

Our family visited a fire museum in Denver a few weeks back, but the admission was a lot more than $1.

Lynn said...

That does look great! We organized a field trip to a fire station for our local moms club earlier this year, and it was really well attended... the kids loved it and it was free. So fun!

Did you see this post? http://themaskedmommy.blogspot.com/2009/08/firefighter-celebration.html

Susana said...

This looks like so much fun! You got some really cute pictures too and the kids look like they had a blast!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I have serious museum envy right now!!! That looks awesome, and I bet the kids had a GREAT time! So cool!!!

Ticia said...

That is seriously a cool museum! I want one.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we use to have an old fire musuem too! it closed down due to funding :(

That place looks really neat!!!

Laura said...

The Firefighter's Museum here in Denver is high on our list of things to do, as well. It looks like you guys had a blast so we'll have to move the trip up to the top of our list. Thanks for reminding me. :o)

Tara Broman said...

This is awesome. Jesse Bear would absolutely love it. Where is it located?