Sunday, August 16, 2009

Simply Made Sunday - It's a Hard Knock Life

Photobucket


C, R, and I had fun in the kitchen popping popcorn in our Whirly-Pop stovetop popper. We listened for the kernels to pop, observed the transformation from kernel to popcorn, smelled the fantastic aroma, and enjoyed every last bite.

What good is popcorn without a movie? We snuggled on the couch and watched Annie, and I am so happy that they enjoyed the movie almost as much as I did!

Click here to visit Our Homeschool Fun and find out what other people made in the kitchen this week!

7 comments:

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What fun!! We love making popcorn and watching movies... always a big hit!

Susana said...

Popcorn and movies are perfect, aren't they?! Love your popcorn maker too!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

yummy popcorn!

Our Little Family said...

How fun! I remember doing that with MY mom, but I've yet to do so with Maddie. Sounds like something we could do next weekend!

Nadia said...

your popcorn maker looks fun. the kids look like they enjoyed themselves

Unknown said...

I don't think my kids know that popcorn can be made any way besides the microwave lol! Looks like they had fun. Have a great week!

Tara Broman said...

Annie is my girls' absolute favorite movie. We checked it out at the library and I think they must have watched it about 5 times within a week.

After watching Annie, I got The Boxcar Children for my oldest to read. She loved it and read the whole book in 2 days.