Friday, August 21, 2009

Open ended art - mixed media + yellow

Photobucket

Teaching My Little Bookworm is a blog that hosts Open Ended Art every Wednesday. If you are interested in participating, head on over there and read more about it by clicking here.

R just happened to be coloring with a yellow crayon when I remembered that we had not completed our open ended art project for this week so I jumped on the opportunity and put out some paint.

Whenever C and R see yellow, red, and blue they yell out, "primary colors". That makes me feel good so I tend to give them plenty of opportunities to make me proud.


I also provided cotton swabs and sponges and let the painting begin. They happily painted right over their crayon marks to see the result.





This is as open ended as it gets. A few supplies and no direction = art.

9 comments:

Susana said...

I've never thought of using the Q tips for painting. I really like that! They always look so sweet holding their pictures, creations and books.

LOVE the fact they know "primary colors" when they see them:-).

Bran said...

My kids LOVE painting with qtips. It almost completely turns into dot art which I think is so cool looking.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I like the q-tip idea! They look pretty proud of their creations!

Jenny said...

How cute that they say, "primary colors!"

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I like this - so self-directed and free. It's awesome that they know primary colors already.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Great idea, and I love their opened ended creations!

Angela said...

Great idea! Last week I "caught" my girls raiding my infrequently-used eye shadow and painting each other with Q-tips loaded full of cocoa shimmer! Next time, I'll suggest paint and paper instead. :)

Thanks for the info on the Open Ended Art sharing - I'll be sure to check it out.

Nadia said...

painting with qtips can be so much fun! its great to change their materials (like brushes etc) to let them try something new. Great job!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we love qti[ painting