Saturday, August 1, 2009

Open ended art - yellow collage

Photobucket


We have been working on the letter "Y" and lucky for us, the open ended art project this week is yellow collage! Perfect.

I first told C and R that we were going to make collages in a color that starts with the letter "Y". I then sent them to the arts and crafts drawers (without telling them what the color was) and let them find what they needed.

I was pretty confident that they knew the color was yellow because we had recently made yellow yarn Ys. Once they were satisfied with the materials, they glued their yellow items onto white card stock.

Here are the final products:

C made this collage

R made this collageTo see the other open ended art projects, visit Teaching My Little Bookworm.

7 comments:

Susana said...

As soon as I saw your yarn "Yy" I thought of yellow for the open ended art theme too:-).

They did a good job on their collages. Doesn't the yellow looks so fun and bright?!

I love the pipe cleaners--they look like fuzzy caterpillars.

Zonnah said...

Very cute! I love how they put feathers on them.

Michelle said...

They both did such a great job!!!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I love their collage and that they found the Yellow on their own!

what would you like to do next?? any ideas???

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love the variety of things they used on their collages. They look great!

Nadia said...

they did a great job with their collage! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow, their collages look great (and you definitely keep your crafts drawer well stocked up :)).