Monday, August 24, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - People and Faces

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth



The theme for Muffin Tin Monday this week is People and Faces, and I think I may be breaking all the rules here because there is absolutely nothing edible in our muffin pan this week. My original plan was to make pancakes and fill the muffin cups with foods that could turn the pancakes into faces, but then I found a recipe for homemade face paint and I just had to try it.

Directions:
  1. In each muffin cup put: 1 tsp cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon water (I used a little more), 1/2 teaspoon baby lotion or whatever you use on your children (something mild), and 2 drops food coloring
  2. Stir gently using separate stirrers in each cup so that you don't mix colors
  3. Paint your face, hand, belly, or entire body! We had a lot of fun with this. The paint spreads easily and washes off with soap and water.


*This recipe can be found in the cookbook, Fun with Kids in the Kitchen by Judi Rogers. To see how other people filled their muffin tins, visit Her Cup Overfloweth.

20 comments:

Susana said...

Listen, this is so fun and so creative--how in the world did you think of this?!!

I LOVE this!!

Michelle said...

I love the homemade face paints...did they come of off them easily?? It looks like they had a blast!!

The Activity Mom said...

Looks like they had so much fun! Very creative.

Jenny said...

It's ridiculous how much my kids would like this. Seriously going to have to try it.

Nadia said...

lol aww this is sweet

Andrea said...

LOVE it! It's such a cool idea, and hey, you kept w. the theme, muffin tins AND faces. ;) Fun stuff!

Sherry said...

I love htis idea, last week I was gonna have Lu paint her body with pudding but I ran out of time, so maybe this week, looks like the kids had so much fun though!

Jenny said...

What a cute idea! They look like they had a blast!

mamammelloves said...

Looks like a fun activity! :)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

OMG this is so creative! My girls would have a blast, thanks for sharing the recipe :)

MomofAJ said...

How fun! What a great idea.

monica said...

Great spin on the theme!! How fun! Look slike they had a great time with it also! Stopping by from MTM!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

LOL you are so funny! AND A CHEATER! ;)
That looks like so much fun!

Bran said...

I LOVE it!! My kiddos would too. Thanks for the recipe.

Dee Light said...

What a great idea! I'll have to give it a try.

The Allen Family said...

That is awesome! My boys would go crazy for that! Love that it's not edible, it's fun to mix things up.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like a great time! I did something similar once with some kids I babysat for, and one of the boys drew this giant mustache on his face, and a huge uni-brow. I still crack up every time I think of it!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

i LOVE it!!!! great job and what a neat idea!!!!

both my girls break out with face paint :(

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I bookmarked this post as something to try next week when we are back. I suspect that Anna will have a huge fun with it.

Being us... said...

Just found your blog, and will be coming back. Great ideas and a wonderful family!