Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Simply Made Sunday - the Tuesday edition!

Photobucket


Simply Made Sunday is hosted by Our Homeschool Fun. It is a new carnival that is posted on Sunday and you can link any fun or yummy kitchen creations you make with or for your children.

I found a very simple recipe for Banana Balls in The Preschooler's Busy Book. The final result is a good, healthy snack that R and I both enjoyed. C would not even try them, too mushy for his picky palate.
First, mash a ripe banana with a fork.

Add some finely chopped nuts (we used walnuts) and a pinch of cinnamon.


Roll the mixture into little balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Cover and refrigerate until cold. I bet they would be good frozen too. Now that I am writing this, I think if you freeze these and then roll them in melted chocolate, they would be delicious! Why didn't I think of that before? I'm sure C would have tried them covered in chocolate, and they wouldn't be mushy.


Enjoy!
For more recipes, head on over to Our Homeschool Fun!

6 comments:

Susana said...

OK, freezing them and then rolling them coating them in chocolate sounds like a big winner to me:-)! I have chocolate chips and about 6 bananas right now--I think we'll try that.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sounds very yummy! I have a picky eater too, but she eats anything that is sweet (or at least tries :)). Chocolate would be a big incentive here.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Wow, that looks good! I'm sure Emily would love to try these... what a great idea!

Andrea said...

I don't do bananas, not since I was pregnant, but oddly, my lil one loves them! We have the book, too, and I have been meaning to try this w. her. Maybe tomorrow!

Tara Broman said...

I have an award for you on my blog. Be sure to go by and pick it up!

Mandy said...

sounds good to me!