Saturday, August 22, 2009

More Monsters!


When a Monster is Born by Sean Taylor and Nick Sharratt is a silly circular tale that had us in stitches this week.

"When a Monster is born, there are two possibilities - either it's a FARAWAY-IN-THE-FORESTS monster, or...it's an UNDER-YOUR-BED monster. If it's a FARAWAY-IN-THE-FORESTS monster, that's that. But if it's an UNDER-YOUR-BED monster there are two possibilities -" The book then explores all of the possibilities of a monster's life in a hilarious manner.

A note from the author gives credit to a traditional Brazilian poem called "When a Baby is Born". This story is based on that poem. I quickly tried to find the poem but I did not have any luck.

We just happened to see this book on display at our public library. Don't you love it when you find a great book without even trying?

7 comments:

Susana said...

I definitely love it when I don't have to do much searching for a good book:-)!

This book looks great--you find such awesome books and I'm so glad you share them.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sounds very interesting! Too bad tgat Anna hates all Monster books still :)

Ticia said...

That looks so fun! I love accidentally finding a good book. I'll keep that in mind for our next monster unit study.

Lynn said...

I love when you find a book like that! For years, I'd sort of dive when I got into bed, so that nothing/no one could grab my ankles as I got into bed. There's a funny story about Grover going under his bed to get a lost teddy bear in one of the books we have.

dana said...

just read a cool book called the squeaky door which is based on a puertorican song/poem called "la cama" which means bed.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I totally love this book! -or the sounds of it. I told D about it and we're gonna get it

Jenny said...

That sounds like a cute book.