Monday, August 31, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - Circus

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

We are back for another Muffin Tin Monday and this time everything in our tin is edible. The theme this week is the circus, so I decided to focus on clowns and serve sundaes. I was going to decorate the sundaes to look like clowns, but figured it would be more fun for C and R to decorate their own sundaes. They definitely enjoyed the decorating as much as they enjoyed the eating!

I filled the muffin tin with pretzel peanut butter sandwiches, licorice bites, M&Ms, animal crackers, and cone hats. All of these items were specifically requested by C and R.

This is R's clown sundae. She did a great job. You can see the M&M eyes, the licorice mouth, and the pretzels for hair.

This is C's clown sundae. His idea was to just put as much as possible on the ice cream before Mom changes her mind and takes the candy away!After enjoying the clown sundaes, we snuggled on the couch and read two circus books.


Circus Adventures was written and illustrated by a nine year old girl, Lindsey Wolter. The book is very well written and the illustrations are fantastic. The main character, Molly, goes to the circus and becomes one of the performers. Molly finds herself performing with the clowns, toppling the acrobats, and being shot out of a cannon. This is a fun, action packed read and it is perfect for young children because the illustrations tell the whole story.

Olivia Saves the Circus by Ian Falconer features our favorite little pig describing her summer adventures to her class. Olivia tells her classmates about a visit to the circus where all of the performers were suffering from ear infections, but luckily Olivia was willing and able to juggle, walk the tightrope, clown around, tame lions and more to save the circus. We think Olivia is adorable!

Visit Michelle at Her Cup Overfloweth to see more muffin tins!

18 comments:

Bran said...

C had the right idea in my opinion! Looks super yummy!

monica said...

Oh what a great idea! I used cupcakes and did the same thing! Your kids did a great job in decorating them!

Sherry said...

really good and cute idea! Wish I was at your house for snack time!

Mandy said...

now i need some ice cream.

The Activity Mom said...

Looks tasty to me! =)

The Activity Mom said...

Looks super yummy to me! =)

Mandy said...

now i want ice cream!

Moore Minutes said...

Well done!! I love this.

Our Little Family said...

Oh, how fun!! And, I love how you incorporate the stories too. I definitely want to start doing this.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

oh my gosh how cute is that R did a great job! A c- well that's my kinda clown sundae too. :)

Susana said...

I really like how you make books and/or movie time a part of your Muffin Tin Meal--I bet the kids enjoy this time too.

LOVE those chocolate cones and your red tins too!

Miller Moments said...

Yum! That is my kind of muffin tin. :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Yum-yum - your kids are so lucky to have such a fun mom who serves sundaes for lunch. They both created nice clowns.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What a great MTM post... I love your version of the circus theme and now I'm so hungry for some good ice cream! Looks like they had a lot of fun!

Michelle said...

What a cute idea!! They look very yummy and I'm sure you little ones LOVED it!!

Nadia said...

i like that you used your tin for ice cream sundaes!! (instead of a meal) which is easier to prepare and much quicker.. thanks for the idea

Andrea said...

Those sundaes look GOoooood! ;)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Wow does that look so good! Right up my alley :)