Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tot school

Tot School

R is 40 months old


Picking blueberries was a fun activity this week. R loved eating them too! You can read this post if you want to know more about our blueberry picking and the related activities we did.

I had forgotten we had these Tangrams. R used to get very frustrated trying to get them just right, but now she enjoys them.

This is our puppy. She is a Bernese Mountain Dog and R loves to help take care of her.

I tried to teach R how to properly hold a miniature golf club, but she preferred her own technique.

R mixed different sidewalk chalk colors in our driveway puddles. She was very pleased with the results. We had many different colored puddles and then it rained and the colors spread across the driveway. It looked so pretty and I didn't get a picture. We'll have to do this again. I love that it was R's idea!

R's favorite books of the week:
Blueberries for Sal
Jamberry
Fancy Nancy
Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy
Llama Llama Mad at Mama
Visit 1+1+1=1 to read more about Tot School!

14 comments:

Jess said...

Love the chalk in the puddles idea!!!

Michelle said...

I love the chalk puddles we will have to give that a try.

Susana said...

She had alot of fun this week! I really like your tangrams and the golf game too.

Never thought of doing chalk in puddles--that would be lots of fun!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

One of our favorite books is Blueberries for Sal too - I just wish our blueberry bushes would quit dying on us; looks like it was a lot of fun picking them! And the puddles look so pretty with the chalk... what a great idea! She is very creative!

Elise said...

What a fun filled week.

Using puddles and making them beautiful is such a sweet idea.

Shannon said...

I love Blueberries for Sal. We are doing Before Five in a Row for preschool with the boy this year and I'm looking forward to reading it again. I read it to his sister when we did preschool a few years ago.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love the chalk too! We don't get any rain in the summer, but maybe we should get out the water hose just for that. Anna also likes tangrams, but more freestyle - my husband always had one on the fridge - he made it himself out of magnetic paper, and now Anna likes to play with this "puzzle" by randomly rearranging pieces.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

love the puddle art so pretty! your puppy is really cute! we are getting rid of ours maybe

Jenny said...

I just bought 2 pounds of blueberries from Sam's and can't wait to make a blueberry dump cake tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Love the sidewalk chalk in the puddles...my son would defiantly love that! Thanks for sharing!

Mandy said...

lots of fun stuff!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

I love wet chalk, there is nothing like it!! : )

amanda said...

now i know my son isn't the only one who loves the llama llama books! he walks around the house chanting "llama llama red pajama"! enjoyed reading your blog :)

Caseybumpinalong said...

I'm new to the Tot School meme - just found your blog and had to say - it's adorable!! Great design!