Sunday, September 19, 2010

Apple Cupcakes


We finished R's week of letter "A" activities with a special treat.  I saw these apple cupcakes in Family Fun magazine and figured they would be fun to make.  We made vanilla cupcakes, frosted them, and sprinkled some red sugar on top.  The "stems" are tootsie rolls cut in half, and I used green icing to make the "leaves".  A few of the "apples" had bites taken out of them; those "bites" revealed the inside of the "apples" with a little help from some white frosting and tiny pieces of tootsie roll "seeds". 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you saved one for me! They look delicious!

Amanda said...

Adorable! I saw them in Family Fun too and thought they were terrific!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Not quite as healthy as the real thing - but soooo cute!

Ticia said...

Way too cute, like I said before. I just had a friend give me a stack of Family Fun from 10 years ago. Not too surprisingly it hasn't changed all that much.

Miller Moments said...

Yum!

Jenny said...

I saw those in the magazine too, they are so cute!

Debbie said...

They sure look cute and yummy!

Amy said...

They turned out great.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

OK, this is seriously cute! I bet the kids loved them.

Sherri said...

They turned out fantastic!

Michelle said...

Oh how cute, I saw these too and wanted to give them a try :0)