Saturday, September 4, 2010

Game Night


Last night, we had a game night.  We originally scheduled the game night because we thought Hurricane Earl was coming to town, but he was downgraded to a tropical storm and we enjoyed game night without any weather issues.  Grandma Susan, Dad, Mom, T, C, and R all played Monopoly (the original version).  C teamed up with Dad and R teamed up with Grandma.  C and Dad won, but Grandma and R came in second with a very impressive showing.  Poor T had bad luck rolling the whole night.  I don't have anything to say for myself except that I should probably take some lessons on game strategy.

Anyway, we all had a great time.  I was impressed that C and R made it through the entire three hour game.  It was a great opportunity for them to work on some math skills, and it was a great way for all of us to spend some time together.  We were also able to check off another item on our summer bucket list! 

I almost forgot to mention that even Kelly enjoyed game night.  She stayed under the table (providing great feet warming services) the entire time!  I should have taken a picture.

7 comments:

Annette W. said...

I love how you share the simple things in life that make a big difference!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I'm glad Earl left you in peace for a fun family night!

Amy said...

So glad you didn't have any weather issues. Very impressive that they managed to play the whole game! What a great family night.

Jenny said...

That is amazing the kids made it through the whole game. I've never made it through a whole game! LOL!

Lynn said...

Fun! You know we love games around here. :) We used to have games nights for our friends before we became parents, and our only attempt to recreate it wasn't very successful (too much toddler chasing to play anything). But it sounds like your group was just the right size.

Ticia said...

I've never been a big Monopoly fan, mainly because of too many bad memories of playing it with my brother. I liked Clue better.

Sadly, my boys are HUGE fans of our Toy Story Monopoly Jr. and have amazing luck with it. How can they win every single time?

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How fun! I hope we will eventually get Monopoly as a present, since we don't own it. I was just thinking that maybe we should try a game night once a week once Anna turns 4.