Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grandfather Tang's Story


I recently mentioned how much C enjoyed reading Three Pigs, One Wolf, and Seven Magic Shapes.  He liked completing the tangram puzzles as we read the book.  A few readers left comments recommending Grandfather Tang's Story by Ann Tompert.  C was very happy to read another book full of tangram puzzles.



In this book, Grandfather Tang and Little Soo were playing a game with tangram puzzles and their game turned into a story.  The story they told featured fox fairies who could change their shapes and become different animals.  C and I were on the edge of the seat waiting to see what would happen; the story is full of danger and excitement!  Everything about this book is perfect for C; he loves the adventure, the illustrations, and the puzzles.

*I think C might like a book of tangram puzzles for Christmas. 

6 comments:

Ticia said...

I love that story, I think it's one of the cutest ones I've seen in that genre.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We enjoyed the story except for the "danger" part. Anna didn't care for one friend really turning at another. But I agree - it's a great book!

Brimful Curiosities said...

We have some foam tangram puzzles. I should get them out and see if my daughter is interested in reading a book like that.

danita said...

you always have to most creative books on your blog! i'm writing them down to check out today when i go to the library! thanks!

LitLass said...

Great minds think alike. We just did a review of this book on our blog, here: bit.ly/9qK3Uv. I missed your review of the other tangram book before, but I think we'll have to get it.

Debbie said...

Thank you for the link! I am definitely going to see if I can find this book. I am sure Selena would enjoy it as well.