Tuesday, September 21, 2010

B's for lunch


R is learning the letter "B" at school this week, so I made her a special "B" lunch at home.  She loved it!  I used her Barbie plate and bear muffin cups to hold bear toast (toast cut with bear cookie cutter and then covered with peanut butter, chocolate chip eyes, and a candy mouth), frozen blueberries (this was R's favorite part of the lunch; she loves frozen blueberries even more than she loves fresh berries!), bunny snacks, and bumblebee bananas (banana slices held together with chocolate hazelnut spread).  While she ate, we took turns naming "B" words.

10 comments:

Sherri said...

I love the thumbs up!
Looks like a perfect "B" lunch!

Ticia said...

Sigh, I'm having blogger problems, it's sometimes not letting me post. So, finally.

I'd like a lunch like that too, you can just come visit me in Texas.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Okay - that is awesome! Or, maybe I should say - "b"rilliant :)

Miller Moments said...

adorable!

Rebecca said...

This is a great lunch! And those bananas with the chocolate spread looks soo good! Pretty picture of R too.

Jenny said...

Perfect! That looks like a really yummy lunch!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

R is one lucky girl! No wonder she gives her "B-lunch" thumbs-up. How about a B-movie afterwards - for example, Bambi :)

Lynn said...

Yum! We hosted a B themed play craft last week. There are so many fun B things. I ended up just reading them the Berenstain's B Book, and typing up their own "B Book" with their name on it and little boxes with B words (butterfly, bear, bee, etc.) for them to stick stickers on -- all stickers I had on hand. I served blueberries and banana cake. It's great that you are reinforcing her school's curriculum.

MaryAnne said...

What an awesome way to learn about the letter "B".

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Love the last pic -- so cute!!!