Monday, September 27, 2010

Whooooo wants a healthy snack?


I searched for healthy snacks that look like owls, but the only thing I could find was made with lunch meat and C won't eat lunch meat, so I came up with this.  I guess it looks like an owl if you know it is supposed to be an owl.  Next time, I will make the beak smaller; I think that is the problem.

To make the snack, I used a large biscuit cutter to make a slice of bread into a circle shape.  I then cut a tiny notch out of the top of the circle, and spread peanut butter over the bread.  Banana slices with chocolate chips pushed into them made the eyes.  The beak is a graham cracker that I cut into a triangle, and I used Cheerios above the eyes.  C and R enjoyed every bite.


7 comments:

Annette W. said...

I love it!! Very clever!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very cute!
There's a similar idea on the Food Hub, but they used cheese for the beak. I cant' imagine mixing cheese, and peanut butter - so I like your cracker idea much better :)

Jenny said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

These are entirely too cute!

Rebecca said...

This is adorable and looks very much like an owl.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love it even though I thought that it looks like Big Bird :)

Lynn said...

Super cute! My son loves rice cakes with sunbutter spread on them, which would look the same. I should try more creative things like this with him. He'd love it.