Monday, September 27, 2010

Owl Snack - Take 2


I replaced the graham cracker beak from the first owl snack I made with a cashew.  I'm still not so sure it looks like an owl.  It's a good thing I am not a food photographer - look at those crumbs on the plate!!!!!!!

I made this by cutting a piece of whole wheat bread into a circle shape (use a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter or a glass).  Then I just cut a notch out of the top to make the two points at the top.  I covered the bread with peanut butter.  At the top, I stuck a few Cheerios on the bread.  The eyes are slices of banana with chocolate chips pushed into them, and the beak is a cashew.

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Perfect! I love cashews!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That's amazing - the cashew really does make a difference. I thought the other ones were cute - but these look more like owls - and I think a cashew would go great with the peanut butter, and banana - now we really have to copy this one :)

Gidget Girl Reading said...

its a great owl :)

Annette W. said...

I like the cashew!

Annette W. said...

I like the cashew!

Karen Wilson said...

I think it looks like an owl. Good idea with the cashew. Maybe make the ears a bit taller?

The Mom I Want To Be said...

Sooo Cute! We did an owl week back in January. My kids still play with their owl pillows.
http://givinguponacleanhouse.blogspot.com/2010/01/owl-week.html

Lynn said...

I did the two year old test for you - asked him what animal it looked like, and he said, "owl! It is an owl mask!"

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I totally think it's an owl! (and adorable, and healthy and... :) I'm in love with iPhoto on my mac. Has a "retouch" tool that lets me "hide" crumbs and such. But to be honest, I didn't even notice them until you said something!

Amy said...

Cute! I like the cashew better than the beak.

MaryAnne said...

I think it really looks like an owl with the cashew!

Ticia said...

The cashew is so much better, it's super cute now.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I like the new owl - it does look more like an owl now :)