Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Owl Mask


The template and directions for this owl mask can be found at the National Wildlife Federation website.  I traced the template onto craft foam and cut out all of the pieces.  C and R glued the masks together.  I used a pin to make tiny holes on the sides of the eyes and pushed shoelaces through to tie the masks.  You can also add feathers. 

After making the masks, we read one of our favorite owl books, Good Night Owl by Pat Hutchins.  Poor Owl is trying to sleep, but all of the daytime noises around him are keeping him awake.  Will he ever get to sleep?

8 comments:

Amanda said...

How adorable! The owl masks and snacks came out great!

Brimful Curiosities said...

They both look very wise.

Sherri said...

I am loving all of your owl stuff!
I tried to comment yesterday, about 10 times and my computer will not let me! Your masks are adorable...your snacks Rock! Your such a super fun mom!

Ticia said...

Super cute. Of course when I saw you say poke a hole in the side, I immediately thought of elastic....

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Those masks are adorable! I am impressed that you find time and energy to do these projects that require so much prep. The book looks pretty interesting too.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I am loving ALL of these fun owl crafts and snacks!! Very, very, cute! We're working on a fun owl project here too. :-)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Those are great! Thanks for the link to the template :)

Michelle said...

I love all the fun owl project you have been up to. The owl mask it adorable and the snacks look soo yummy :0)