Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cat in the Hat Snack

We are always happy to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday around here.  He was born in our home state of Massachusetts, and C and R both love his books.  C's favorite is The Cat in the Hat and R's favorite is Green Eggs and Ham.


I made an easy after school snack to honor the special day.  First, I followed the directions on a box of cherry Jello to make Jello Jigglers.  Once the Jello was set, I used a biscuit cutter to cut Jello circles.  Then I layered the Jello circles with dollops of whipped cream.  Simple and delicious!


14 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I like the ease of that one - but I find Dr. Seuss (like Frank Lloyd Wright) a tad creepy :)

MaryAnne said...

Super cute! You have the best themed treats!

Susana said...

This is adorable! Yummy too!

I LOVE the rice krispy shamrocks too. I plan to make these as well. The hearts for Vday are so good. I'm just a sucker for candy melts:-).

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Oh, how fun! I am wondering whether I should rethink my earlier plans and do this yummy snack!

Mandy said...

super cute! the kids looked like they really enjoyed them!

Leapfrog and Ladybugs said...

What a cute idea!

Ticia said...

Mmmmm..... And now that I know he's from Massachusetts I can bring him into our state study.

SweetandSimpleThings said...

Hey that's a great idea! Simple and sweet!

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

What a SEUSSalicious and do-able idea. I’m adding a link to this on my children’s book blog in my Dr. Seuss Link Collection.
http://www.obseussed.com/p/books.html

Sherri said...

Great Snack...I was sad to miss Suessing it...but I guess the beach was worth it! =)

Anonymous said...

Great snack! Looks like it was a hit!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Very creative! Jigglers are a hit in our home. So, it would be enjoyed!

Kerri

Anonymous said...

These are sooo cute! I put a green hardboiled egg that was more aqua color and ham in Little J's lunch. He thought it was a blue egg and had no idea what was wrong with his lunch! Next year...

Unknown said...

Yum! I love jello with whipped cream. What a great snack to celebrat Dr. Seuss!