Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Is Here!

We are big fans of the month of March in our house.  The month brings several birthdays (Dr. Seuss on the 2nd, me on the 7th, and R on the 20th), St. Patrick's Day, spring, and preparation for Easter. 


Last night, I decided to make our first March treat to welcome the new month.  I used a shamrock cookie cutter to cut out some marshmallow crispy treats.  I melted green candy melts to spread across each treat and then sprinkled on a few green and white nonpareils.  I made one for each family member and cut the rest of the treats into regular squares.  The shamrocks were pretty big and sweet, so I declared them a half now/half later treat!  Happy March!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!

phasejumper said...

Neat treats!

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about March! Yeah for some green!! The treats look marvelous! YUMMY!

Mary Prather said...

Yum! I always love coming to your blog - thank you for so many wonderful posts!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I hope you will enjoy all the happy events of March!

Anonymous said...

March is very welcomed over here as well! Those treats just made my mouth water!

Ticia said...

Half now and half later is such a great idea.

MaryAnne said...

Very cute! These would definitely be a hit in our house!

Jenny said...

Yum, I haven't had rice krispy treats in awhile, but these look so good!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I would have a hard time stopping my kids at half :)

Sherri said...

That makes a great start to what sounds like a ton of fun at your house...can't wait to see all the March adventures!

Anonymous said...

Delish and pretty!