Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mardi Gras Beads


We are currently studying the state of Louisiana as part of our Fifty States Project.  After school yesterday, C and R made beaded necklaces using Mardi Gras colors. 


The colors of Mardi Gras are purple, green, and gold and they symbolize justice, faith, and power, respectively. 


C made a Mardi Gras necklace for me and R made me a Mardi Gras crown; here I am modeling them (I thought it was a good excuse show off the little baby bump, but the horizontal stripes make it look smaller than it typically looks):

I look like a giant because C took this photo!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bead work! Love getting to see the baby bump!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I didn't know what the colors stood for - interesting. Love the bump :)

Anonymous said...

Cute baby bump. You look like you're feeling well. The beads look great too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You look great! I am so jealous of the bump. I also didn't know what the colors stood for, and R was clearly focusing hard :)

Ticia said...

I didn't know what the colors stood for either

Loved seeing the baby bump.

MaryAnne said...

Hooray for a baby bump photo!

I didn't know what the color stood for either - thanks for teaching me something!

phasejumper said...

fun Mardi Gras project!

Jenny said...

You look cute. I didn't know about the colors either.

Debbie said...

Love the bead work. You are looking great with that baby bump!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Fun activity and you look GREAT!

Kerri

Elizabeth said...

Your the cutest giant ever...I love the bead work!

Susana said...

Fun pictures! Great and cute picture of you too!

That was two weeks ago though, I think it's time for a baby bump update:-).