Monday, March 28, 2011

Tangled Birthday Invitation

I forgot to include this in my post about R's Tangled Birthday party.  I drew the tower myself (not perfect, but it worked) and the text says:  Come get TANGLED up in fun at R's 5th Birthday Party!  I used embroidery thread to make the braid.  I cut out the window and taped the end of the braid to the back of the invitation. 

I also wanted to share a few photos of the process behind making the yarn Rapunzel braid we hung on the front door.  As you can see, I had a lot of "HELP"!



For some reason, I stopped taking pictures, but there was yarn everywhere and I had to work really hard to keep it from getting tangled.  Now, every time I told R that I didn't want the yarn to get tangled, she would say, "Mom, the movie is called Tangled, it's supposed to be tangled!".

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too cute!!! AND a lot of work!!! Great job mom!

Ticia said...

Oh my is that a LOT of work. I'm impressed. Not that I wouldn't do the same crazy thing, I actually told Jeff all about it last night, and he looked at me with the "There goes crazy Ticia" eyes again.

I'm sure you'll be seeing an inspired by post come Thanksgiving.....

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very funny! But it turned out great.

Miller Moments said...

very cute! what a great mom!

MaryAnne said...

What a cute invitation! I love that even the DOG had to help!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! Love the in process pictures!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It was truly a labor of love :) The invitation is very creative too!

Sherri said...

I can't think of anything better than to make a large long braid as a family!!! seriously!!! YOu guys rock!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You did such a nice job. I bet she has good memories of this party when she is older. I still remember my 5th birthday party! My mom went all out too.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Love how even the dog got involved! I don't think my cats would EVER be able to resist that much yarn. :-) The invitations are SO cute!!

FootPrints said...

GASP!! so so cute....hhhmmmm my daughters birthday is coming up!

April said...

I loved the braid...so cute!

C said...

What a wonderful mom you are! You do the greatest things with/for your children. They are so lucky!

Carla