Sunday, March 27, 2011

R's Tangled Birthday Party

Yesterday, R had a fantastic birthday party at our house with some of her friends.  She chose the movie Tangled as the party theme.  Here are a few photos:

I made this braid to look like Rapunzel's hair.  I used a ridiculous amount of yarn and it took hours to make, but I was very happy with the final result. 

I just printed this Wanted poster from the internet and had it enlarged at a copy shop.

The party favors were plastic reusable Tangled cups (Cars for the two boys who came) filled with watercolor paints (Rapunzel loves to paint), stickers, and a few pieces of candy.



Everything was purple and yellow.  The balloons don't look purple in that photo, but they are.  I love that my husband bought sunflowers for the party because the sun was a very big part of the movie!!!  He didn't even know that!



I ordered the cake from the Stop and Shop bakery.  I love the cupcake cakes; they are so easy!  I also love the way they formed it into the number five! 
R had a great time!  She had a lot of fun with her friends and received some wonderful presents too. 

Tangled comes out on DVD this Tuesday!!!  No one is paying me to say that; we are just excited to see the movie again!  I heard a rumor that the Easter Bunny is planning on putting a copy in R's Easter basket - shhhh, don't tell!

25 comments:

Jolanthe said...

Ooooo...I am so using some of these ideas!! Our daughter's birthday is coming up and she wants a Tangled party. She's 10, but this will be great!

Teaching Heart Mom said...

So awesome. What a fun party! I loved the hair on your door. That was great!!! I recently had a princess party for my daughter. I wish I would have seen the Tangled hair door ideas before that - I would have soooooo done that!

Joyful Learner said...

I've been wanting to see that movie so it's good to know it's coming out in dvd! I lOve the yarn hair on the door too! Happy 5!

Jennifer said...

I know what we're doing for Nani's birthday now!!!

What an AWESOME mom you are!!! And what a great party! I'm sure she loved every minute of it!!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

What a fun party! We haven't seen the movie yet, but are really looking forward to its Tuesday release.

Ticia said...

Am so remembering this for princess party. I love it

Amanda said...

Fantastic! You did a great job! Tangled has already been pre-ordered at our house by the Easter bunny! haha

Miller Moments said...

So cute! I haven't seen the movie, but am looking forward to it!

Rashi said...

Visited your blog for the first time. Its still 27th in this part of the world, so I can wish "R" a very Happy B'day. He is adorable!

Check out my blog, I do kid's craft and kid's book review.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday party!! I love the cake!

Amy said...

Everything turned out so cute! Everyone in my family loved that movie.. even my 12 year old boy. It was so sweet!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great details for the party. Last year I asked Anna if she wants to have a theme for her party, and she said "Winnie the Pooh and a reindeer". Umm... Maybe not :)

Elle Belles Bows said...

Fabulous party!

The braid at the front door is way too clever!

I have not seen the movie, but I cannot wait and now I want to see it even more!

Great job on all of your details! What a super special day!

Kerri

Anonymous said...

Such a cute party. I love, love the braid you made for the front door! The cake/cupcakes are super. Happy Birthday R!

The Wohlleb Family said...

We are looking forward to seeing the movie. Happy Birthday to your daughter, her party looked great!

Willow said...

Can you seriously come and set up our next party?? You did a great job and I bet the kids had a blast. I love that movie by the way:)

Unknown said...

EXCEELNT job, Mama! I am sure you made R and her friends feel extra special...

(Oh, and if I were you, I would SO be reusing that wonderful yarn hair! It could be a bow holder, or even used for some kinds of jewelry...)

phasejumper said...

Love it! Cake is so cute but the hair on the front door is my favorite! I haven't seen the movie yet (one of the downsides of having two boys), but I want to...think I could convince my friends to watch it with me on a ladies night out? lol

Sherri said...

This birthday party looks like so much fun!

MaryAnne said...

That cupcake cake is awesome! I'll have to look at Stop and Shop if I decide to move beyond my obviously homemade creations someday...

MaryAnne said...

Oh, and your door decor is fantastic - well worth all the time and effort! What a great way to set the tone for a party!!!

Debbie said...

I bet this was a great birthday party. R looks so happy. I love everything that you did including the invitations you explained in the next post.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Amazing cake, and what a fun party!! Love all the details w/ the goody cups. We may try a cupcake cake for Clara's b-day this Summer -- great idea!

Jenny said...

What a fun party! Abby hasn't seen the movie yet, we'll have to check it out.

Mandy said...

What a great party!! :) Happy Birthday R!