Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shamrock Snack


Today, I made the Family Fun magazine treat of the month as a special snack.  To make them, I used:


  • yogurt covered pretzels,
  • green Wilton candy melts,
  • green icing (missing from the picture - oops!), and
  • green decorating sugar

First, I melted the candy melts and used the melted green candy to attach the pretzels to form shamrocks.  Family Fun actually recommends using melted white chocolate chips to do this, but we didn't have any on hand.


Then, I outlined the shamrock shapes with green icing and sprinkled on the decorating sugar.  Of course, the magazine version of this treat is much prettier than mine, but no one around here seemed to mind!

10 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Yum!

Amy said...

Cute! My kids love yogurt covered pretzels!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This looks so yummy! I love your themed snacks!

Jenny said...

Yummy and cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I'm sure they did enjoy them.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Now I want a yogurt covered pretzel!

Ticia said...

Family fun should give you a free subscription you feature their stuff so much

Elizabeth said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

These look fabulous! I finally ordered myself a subscription to that magazine this week and I can't wait to get it.

Susana said...

Listen, you really rock with all the fun snacks you make for your kids! I have really dropped the ball here with that for like a year now. I LOVE seeing all the fun ones you make at your house.