Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rainbow Toast


C and R made their own rainbow toast for breakfast yesterday morning.  I put a tiny bit of milk into three little cups and added two drops of food coloring to each cup (one red, one yellow, and one blue).


I gave C and R brand new, clean paint brushes and a piece of bread and they began creating their masterpieces. 


Obviously, they did some color mixing to make orange, green, and purple on their rainbows. 


When they were done painting the rainbows, we put the rainbow bread in the toaster oven until toasted.  Then we added a little butter and a little cinnamon sugar.  I was afraid that spreading the butter would ruin the rainbows, but it didn't. 


Quick and pretty!  We managed to do this on a school day, so it really was a quick and easy treat.

12 comments:

Amy said...

We love quick projects! those turned out cute!

mom4 said...

i do this tomorrow for breakfast for my childcare children . along with some green milk ..
your colors look brighter then mine usally come .

Anonymous said...

cute!!!

phasejumper said...

Love it! I want to try this tomorrow!! (If I do and post it, I'll link to you!)

MaryAnne said...

This is an awesome St Patrick's Day craft!

Miller Moments said...

We've tried toast painting before but ours didn't turn out even half as cute!

Ticia said...

I should do this as just a have fun and keep yourselves entertained......

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I think I see Saturday's breakfast! Thanks :)

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

So cute! I keep forgetting about food coloring food-painting. Such a simple and easy idea. (Cinnamon toast is one of my favorite snacks!)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We did this today for dinner, and Anna had a blast. She was not interested in painting rainbows though - she is all for abstract art.

Sherri said...

I love the rainbows...my kids love painting their food! =0...they would rather paint it than eat it!
Your a fantastic mom!

Susana said...

I know St. Pat's Day is gone, but I have got to let the kids do this. It looks like so much fun!

Jack won't eat bread, but maybe this will persuade him too.