Wednesday, March 23, 2011

More Birthday Photos!

For years, R did not watch any channels with commercials.  Well, this year she discovered Strawberry Shortcake on The Hub, and that channel has a ridiculous number of toy commercials.  This is the first toy she saw over and over and over again on television and begged for again and again.  
R saw these boots while shopping with Grandma one day, and it was love at first sight.  She was very happy to open them on her birthday.
A Hello Kitty backpack from Papa and Grandma was one of R's favorite presents.
R LOVES dresses that come with a matching dress for her doll!
I didn't get pictures of everything, but R got many wonderful presents from very generous family members.  She had a wonderful birthday and is excited to celebrate again with her friends this weekend.  Thank you to all of the aunts, uncles, and grandparents that made R's birthday so special!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday! I don't look forward to the day when Sammy starts asking for certain things!

Jennifer said...

Sooooo sweet!!!! Happy Birthday R!

Ticia said...

Princess takes those matching dresses and puts them on her dogs and ponies......

Looks like a wonderful birthday!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How fun! R is such a girlie girl. Anna got the same Baby Alive for her birthday and claimed it's the first present ever... for about 3 days. Now this doll gathers dust in her room together with other dolls she has.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very sweet! The boots remind me of Ramona from Beverly Cleary's books.

Jenny said...

What a great birthday! I had to LOL about the hub commercials, the same thing happened to us. I actually banned it in the house for several months, because I was sick of her asking for stuff. I'm letting her watch it again, but she has done better about it.

Abby loves those dresses too. I just saw some on Zuiliy yesterday. I'll send you the link.

Brimful Curiosities said...

My daughter is in love with the matching girl/doll dresses, too. She has one I found a K-Mart on sale. They are usually too expensive for my taste.

Your daughter's cake is lovely. My daughter approves! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Cute birthday cake and pictures of R. She got some fun presents. Christy, how are you feeling? I hope you're past the morning sickness.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday R! (Oh, and just between me and you, I would still wear matching dresses with MY dolls, too, if it were appropriate for a grown woman to do such a thing... :0)

MaryAnne said...

I've always thought the matching dresses for dolls was a cute idea. Looks like R had a very fun birthday!

Susana said...

These are sweet pictures of R and her birthday. I love her hair being held back while she blows out her candles.

Hanna got a Hello Kitty backpack and sleeping bag for her 5th birthday--the picture of R brought back memories.

I LOVE her pink boots!! I should get Hanna some like that in a big girl size--LOVE them!

I hope her friend party is a blast!!

Hope you are feeling well too. You should be feeling your little baby by now, right? So fun and so sweet. You'll be holding him/her before you know it. Oh, you are so lucky:-).

Elle Belles Bows said...

Happy Birthday R!

What a fun party and great gifts too!

I love the cake and the hand holding back the hair really made me smile in that photo. Reminded me of my pictures from childhood.

Kerri