Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Louisiana Deliciousness


Is there a better way to kick off a state study than with fried dough?  I think not. 


We began our state study of Louisiana on Fat Tuesday with some beignets from Whole Foods.  It wasn't even planned.  I went to Whole Foods to do my shopping and there they were, freshly made, the official state doughnut of Louisiana

They were so good that C and R had to do a little dance:


And, YES, that is Mr. Anonymous in the chair in the background.  Ha ha ha ha!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun way to start out a study! Love that they had to do a little dance!

Jennifer said...

You know -- I usually dance over fried dough too! ;-)

Debbie said...

Fried dough, is that anything like fried bread?

Goose and Bug said...

Loveeee fried dough! I make homemade donuts all the time and could eat them breakfast, lunch and dinner!

MaryAnne said...

That fried dough looks really good!

Jenny said...

Yum! We may have to study Louisiana, just so I can get some of these!

Unknown said...

Whomever cooked up fried dough for the first time is a GENIUS!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Love the happy dance! But, the evil laugh at the end scared me :)

Ticia said...

Mmmmm, yummy. My kids are big fans of doughnuts, totally remembering this for when we study LA.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Now I have a craving for beignets... and fond memories of pre-Katrina New Orleans where I tasted them for the first time!

Sherri said...

I love when my kids brake out in dance....so fun!

Anonymous said...

I love beignets! I think they were one of my favorite things from New Orleans.

Susana said...

YUM! You are always funny with your comments about "the Mr." in your posts. You should put up a huge pic of him one day with like a photoshopped sunglasses/mustache thing over his face. I'm totally kidding, but couldn't resist:-).