Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Whole Hand


My little girl is a whole hand today.  Five years old.  It really doesn't seem like five years have gone by already.  I am so proud of R.  She is the sweetest, most nurturing child, and always thinks of others.


R is definitely a girly girl.  Her favorite activity is shopping, and she loves dresses, pretty shoes, purses, all things pink, purple, and sparkly, and princesses.  She also loves dance and ice skating.  R may be a girly girl, but she also loves to be active and play sports.  She was aggressive on the soccer field in the fall, and she is looking forward to playing tee ball this spring. 


I just asked R what she would like to be when she grows up and her response, on her fifth birthday, is a dance teacher.   She loves her dance teachers and looks forward to dance all week long. 

I love this age of innocence and want to hold on tight to every minute.  My Little Girl by Tim McGraw is playing right now (total coincidence) and I can't help but cry.  The lyrics to this song get me every time.

"You beautiful baby from the outside in,
Chase your dreams but always know the road
That'll lead you home again.
Go on, take on this whole world,
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl."

Happy 5th Birthday R!  You'll always be my little girl.

13 comments:

Annette W. said...

Awe! R is so sweet.

Happy birthday, R!!

Sherry Gann said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! :)

Susana said...

Happy Happy Birthday R!! She is beautiful Christy, and she looks just as sweet as you always describe her--I've always thought that about her.

I hope your family has a special time together celebrating her birthday!

Thinking of you lots lately, just so you know:-).

MaryAnne said...

What a sweetheart! Happy Birthday, R!!!

Ticia said...

Happy birthday R! 5 is a big deal

How are they growing up so fast?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Happy birthday R! Five is terrific. And, what a beautiful picture to end the post with - that dress is almost as pretty as her smile!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday R! I can't believe you are five already. It has been a joy to read about you growing up, and I think I'm your biggest fan from a distance. As usual, I love your dress! I hope this year is your best yet.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday R! I hope she had a wonderful day.

Sherri said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
She is so beautiful!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to R! She sounds like such a sweetheart!

momandkiddo said...

Happy 5th Birthday!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy-happy birthday! R is a terrific little girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday R! I love that last picture!