Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hand Print Leprechauns

When I saw the hand print leprechauns at Meet the Dubiens, I knew we had to make some of our own.  I love hand print crafts!

To make the leprechauns, I painted C's and R's fingers and bottom of their palms orange (beard and hair), and painted their palms peach (face).  They pressed their hands onto white paper to make the print.
 

Once the prints were dry, we added fun foam hats and googly eyes.  C and R used markers to add details to their pictures.


I love that C's leprechaun has handfuls of gold!!!!  I also love the way he drew the leprechaun's body.


I laughed when R gave her leprechaun a black mustache!  She also drew a trap all around the leprechaun; I thought this was pretty clever!

They had a lot of fun with this craft!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! I love these :-)

Sherri said...

These are so adorable!

Unknown said...

Oooo- C's leprechaun is a greedy little laddie, isn't he? :0)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

The body is a nice touch! It really brings out the beard.

Brimful Curiosities said...

I also saw those at Meet the Dubiens and thought it was a great idea. I love how your kids added creative backgrounds.

Ticia said...

Handprint crafts are so cute. I really need to make more of them.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Oh, they turned out awesome, and it's so fun to see the difference in their drawings.

Jenny said...

These are funny. We are going to make some tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I love these! I adore the drawings your kids made with them. Adorable! Thanks so much for linking to mine.

Anonymous said...

These turned out so cute! I love all the added details.

MaryAnne said...

These are great! I love the trap!

Elle Belles Bows said...

They turned out so well!!

Kerri